A Colombian soldier and a dog died after a unit of 14 soldiers was poisoned with the food they ate lunch in a corral on the Colorado village in the municipality of Puerto Salgar de Cundinamarca, Colombia.
The platoon were resting from their surveillance work in the area and decided to have rice with “sweaty” chicken for lunch. However, almost an hour after lunch, several of them fell to the ground dejected by a severe pain in their stomach, reported El Tiempo.
The event was documented after one of the soldiers, who did not understand what was happening, decided to take out his cell phone to record his companions. Kevin Stiven Rua Godoy, a young 19-year-old soldier, was the one who succumbed to the most severe symptoms of poisoning.